- Determining causes of production losses using the OEE measuring method.
- These causes are to be classified in order to determine the causes which occur frequently and/or lead to significant impact on the production results.
- This information assists in prioritizing maintenance activities in such a way that these aid in obtaining the best possible production results
- OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) is a
measuring tool to visualize and identify production
losses, which can be eliminated by improvement
strategies like TPM (Total Productive Maintenance),
Lean Manufacturing, WCOM, or Six Sigma.
- By determining OEE the production team can prove
how successful the efforts are to improve
- For OEE-measurement losses are determined for
each specific process.
- Specific losses are related to the Six Big Losses
according to the ‘TPM improvement-strategy’.
- On top of the Six Big Losses, loading losses are taken
- Including the loading losses, OEE can be called
TEEP instead (Total Effective Equipment
- PI-AF Analytics are used to automatically detect downtime and speed loss events.
- The MAGION Application Framework is used to develop a web application which allows operations and maintenance to manually classify the events and visualize the results.
- With the event results and classification the OEE is calculated and reported.
- Clear insight of the main causes of production losses per asset or asset group.
- Overview of causes which need close attention and/or performance improvement to increase
- Web based reports of OEE results per day, week, month and shift providing the asset manager
detailed insight into the performance.